Italian Greyhound Play Date – Dog Beach Meetup
We hope you can join us for a day of sun, sand, surf and smiles at the dog beach for the Italian Greyhound play date and dog beach meetup (other pups welcome too)!
Summer is in full swing and what better way to celebrate the hot weather than with a doggy beach play date for the pups and their adopted humans! All Italian Greyhounds and fur-friends are welcome to come – the more, the merrier! Looking to join our other Italian Greyhounds and other dog breed dog beach play dates and meetups? Join us on meetup: http://www.meetup.com/ROMPRescue
ITALIAN GREYHOUND PLAY DATE in JULY DETAILS:
July 14, 2013 from 9am-11am
Montrose Dog Beach Wilson Av. and Simond Dr. North Montrose Harbor
4400 N Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, IL
**Please meet us at 9am in the northern corner of Montrose Off Leash Dog Beach – Look for the Italian Greyhounds!
What to Bring:
– Chair / Towel to sit on unless you want to sit in the water or sand
– Water Bowl and clean water for you and your pup to drink
– If you plan on getting in the water with your pup wear a swimsuit
– If your pup can’t swim and you plan on putting them in the water, a doggy life jacket
– Poop bags
– Balls / frisbees / water toys for your pups to play with & sunscreen if necessary
**We may do lunch after at a nearby dog friendly restaurant/bar (suggestions welcome)
Montrose Dog Beach Rules (I am unsure how strictly enforced these rules are):
– No human or pet food allowed in the dog beach
– Dogs must enter and exit on a leash but can be off leash once in the dog park
– Owners are responsible for their dogs upon arrival
– Owners must pick up after their pups
– Dogs should have a DFA tag (dog friendly area)
– LINK: http://mondog.org/
– NOTES: fence and big boulders surround the dog beach area on 3 sides and Lake Michigan is on the 4th side making it a ‘secure’ off-leash dog park
DFA Tag Details:
– Cost $5
– Requires: Distemper / Hepatitis / Para influenza / Parvovirus / Bordetella / Lepto / Rabies
– With proof of those shots, a DFA tag application/Chicago Park District Rules & Regulation agreement and tag can be picked up from any of these vets in the city AND suburbs http://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/assets/1/23/2012_Dog_Friendly_Area_Participating_Veterinarians.pdf
– DFA tags purchased this calendar year are good until Dec 31, 2013 and make your dog compliant for over 50 Chicagoland ‘Dog Friendly Areas’
Please check out our Italian Greyhound Play Date sponsors! Their donations cover the cost of Meetup.com 🙂
Bark Bark Club: A Chicago one stop shop for everything a pampered pooch needs!
Pet-A-Cure: A Veterinarian recommended, permium, all-breed dog grooming salon in Chicago!
4 Legs Pet: The best Chicago pet store AND they do delivery and curbside service!
Some cute photos of pups at the beach 🙂 Hope to see you and your pups at our Italian Greyhound Play Date!